This month has been the AWARD month for me. I started blogging in August 2016 and have received 3 awards so far from the fellow bloggers. It makes me feel happy to know that people enjoy reading what I write.
The Liebster Award is awarded by a blogger to another blogger if they frequently read the blog posts and find them interesting. I have been nominated for my first ever Liebster Award by ZoAroundTheWorld. Zoe is an amazing person who has travelled to more than 25 countries. She has covered large parts of Europe and Asia with her boyfriend Shaun. Her posts on travelling in India give me a fresh perspective even on the places I have already visited. I am a big fan of her posts! Thank you Zoe for nominating me.
Rules for the Liebster award:
This website has listed down official rules for Liebster award. These rules are flexible and everybody has their own version. Here is a brief of what a nominees should do if they accept the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you and add the Liebster Award badge
- Nominate 5 bloggers
- Write 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify everyone you nominated through a comment on their blog.
My 11 Questions Answered:
- Where are you from?
I am from the Nagpur, India. Apart from being known as the Orange city of India for its famous sweet and juicy oranges, Nagpur is also called as a Tiger capital of India.There are 13 Tiger reserves in the Vidharbha region (comprising of Nagpur). Some of the popular tiger reserves are Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve, Nagzira-Navegaon Tiger Reserve, Pench National Park, Bor Tiger Reserve, UmredKarhandla Wildlife Sanctuary and Melghat Tiger Reserve.
The ‘Zero Mile’ marker in the city indicates the geographical center of India. Although Nagpur is not a tourist city, if you get a chance to travel here then you must try – Haldiram’s Sweets and Saoji Chicken.
- Where are you currently living/ travelling?
I am currently living in Pune (India).
There are many weekend getaways nearby Pune, so I keep travelling every month. Matheran, Mahabaleshwar, Alibagh, Lonavala, Khandala and the Western Ghats are some of the popular tourist places near Pune.
- How many countries have you traveled to?
I have travelled to Greece, France and Switzerland.
- Which is the favorite place you have traveled to and why?
My favorite place is Paris. I love everything about that city – the artistic facades of buildings, pretty house windows, the Eiffel tower, the Seine and obviously food.
- What is your scariest moment when travelling?
None! I am waiting for that moment 🙂
- What is your number 1 travel advice?
Plan your own itinerary and do not compromise on anything while travelling. Enjoy good food, explore new places and make friends. Be happy!
- What inspired you to start a blog?
I love travelling and no matter how hectic it gets I never get bored with it. I just wanted to pen down my travel stories, so that after 10-15 years I will have every detail about the places I have travelled to!
- Where was your first ever holiday to?
I was a kid that time and I do not remember my first holiday. I guess it was Kashmir (India).
- Where are you travelling to next?
I am planning to travel to Bilaspur in November 2016, Goa in January 2017 and hopefully Bali in March 2017.
- What is the most amazing meal you have had whilst travelling?
It is just impossible to answer this question. I love Goan seafood, Saoji chicken from Nagpur, Zunka Bhakar from Pune, Gyros and Fava from Greece, Croissant from Paris, Cheese Fondue from Switzerland and this list can go on and on. I am a foodie.
- Have you ever had any travel disasters? If so, what happened?
We were driving from New Delhi to Jaipur on a long weekend. It was a 220 km journey which should have been covered in 4 hours (as per Google Maps). It took us 9 hours to reach Jaipur as the 6 lane highway in Gurgaon was completely blocked due to traffic. We covered the first 40 km of the journey in 4 hours and the rest 180 kms in 5 hours. That was the time I decided, never to drive to any tourist places from New Delhi on long weekends.
STYLISH WANDERER – She is a nurse by profession who loves to blog. She is Fashion infatuated and consumed by wanderlust. I love the way she describes any city in her posts.
100 Cobbled Roads – Punitais an amazing writer. Her travel is inspired by history, culture, vintage cafes, medieval streets and the cobbled roads.
The Bamboo Tales – Russell-Harvey Fernandez is a techie and a travel enthusiast. He calls himself an aspiring photographer but I must say he captures beautiful pictures.
Mohit Arts – Mohit is a backpacker and he shares his experience of visiting new places on his travel blog. He has written some nice posts about his travels to Agra and Jaipur.
Sid Traveler – Sid is a biker who loves to travel to the unexplored places. His posts on trekking and bike rides give you a glimpse of a biker’s journey in India.
Digital Nomad Couple Overlanding–The romantic couple from Austria share their accounts of travelling by car. What differentiates this blog from the other travel blogs I read is, they write about the challenges faced by a traveller during long car journeys. The stories are very interesting!
My Questions to the nominees
- Which is the one placethat every traveler should visit and why?
- Hotel, hostel or home stay?
- How do you handle situations when travel itineraries don’t go as planned?
- Lessons you learnt while travelling
- What can ruin a great travel experience?
- One thing that you carry everywhere you go (Apart from mobile phone, laptop and DSLR)
- What’s your favorite season?
- Do you watch travel shows? If yes, then what’s your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time?
- Why do you travel?
- What do you feel is the most important takeaway for your readers (from your blog)?